Tuesday, April 20, 2010

RG Peredo


It was a beautiful day here in NY. I was thinking about what I was going to post on the blog today and I thought a self portrait would be the best option.This self portrait was done about a year ago in one of my Moleskine sketchbooks (I used a light watercolor wash over india ink with a little collaging on the glasses). I'll be scanning more recent work, but I really like this one and It was a pretty important drawing for me. Self portraits are tough to be content with, but I think that they are most definitely the easiest way of getting through or around a drawing slump. This drawing did just that for me, I was having a tough time getting ideas out, and concentrating on drawing and this self portrait pushed me through a big bump in the road. So whenever you're in doubt a self portrait is the way to go. You won't always love the way they look, but at least you'll be drawing and putting lines, colors and ideas together on paper.

-RG Peredo

1 comment:

  1. good thing u stay updating ur blog. every day n shit. chicken pot society all over again.

    ReplyDelete