Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Another completed sketchbook.



I just completed another sketchbook !!!! Now I can add it to the pile. It feels extremely good to finish a sketchbook from front to back, and know that you've recorded a lot of ideas and places. As I look from beginning to end I see in my own books how I learned and picked up different tricks and techniques. As I look from the oldest to the newest I see a big difference and a big improvement. Not only an improvement on aesthetic and technical aspects, but an improvement on sensitivity of subject matter and also a manipulation of various mediums. In my opinions sketchbooks are the most important part of being a creative person/artist. It's showing dedication as well as allowing you to see your own progress. It isn't just a finished piece, it's a record of the work, thoughts, and research you have accumulated. I don't think I will ever stop filling sketchbooks even if I slow down and stop doing art seriously. It's just the most complete way of document your life and your creative thoughts. So with that said... onto the next one.

-R

1 comment: