Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Back from Bolivia





My trip to Bolivia was pretty short, but it was awesome. I flew from NY to Miami and from Miami to the city of Santa Cruz. The flight was about seven hours long (from Miami to Santa Cruz), it was tiring but I stayed busy by writing in my journal. I didn't do as much artwork as I originally anticipated, but I consider my trip to have been very productive. I did about 10-15 watercolor paintings and I wrote about 55-60 pages in my journal as well as take over 600 photos !
It was so hot when I was down there so sketching and painting outside was kind of rough. I have a lot of reference photos and I intend on producing longer more detailed paintings from them. There's so much to do and see that sitting and sketching for an hour and change was sometimes difficult.
The city of Santa Cruz is growing and the people there are very friendly. The contemporary architecture is sleek and modern, but I prefer the older more worn down buildings the city has to offer. My favorite place was the Plaza 24 de Septiembre, it's in the middle of the city and where the most people congregate. The centerpiece of the plaza is the cathedral. The building is regal and stands out against the palm trees that surround it. It's a brick building with two clock towers flanking the main facade. I'll post some photos from my trip as soon as I get a chance, if you want to see some more watercolor paintings please check out my Flickr account (I also updated it somewhat with stuff I haven't posted here.)


-R

No comments:

Post a Comment