Monday, March 16, 2015

Santa Maria della Carceri and Graduate School.

As you may or may not know, I am a graduate student. I am getting my masters in art history from CUNY Queens College. I only mention this because I know that I haven't been posting much, and I have to admit that schoolwork is the biggest reason for the lack of posts.


With that being said I haven't been drawing/painting as much as I would like to. 

My concentration is Renaissance architecture, but I'm particularly interested in later Romanesque/Early Renaissance churches in Florence. I am slowly preparing my thesis and looking at some buildings I will perhaps be writing about. I had a slow week as far as studying and assignments due so I drew a few of these buildings  and did some light watercolor washes on them. 


This is the first; Giuliano da Sangallo's Santa Maria della Carceri in Prato, Italy. Late 15th Century. 


No comments:

Post a Comment