Thursday, June 16, 2011

Firenze

Artwork has been slowed down due to two reasons. The first is I moved out of my place into a friend's place temporarily, and the second; final exams. All my things are packed and with exams it's tough to draw and paint. Plus there are many things I still want to do. One of these things was pay a final visit to Firenze and spend at least four hours at the Uffizi. I accomplished both as well as spending a nice amount of time at the Museo Nazionale del Bargello. Here are some Firenze highlights: Benvenuto Cellini's Perseus con la testa di Medusa.


And here is a sculpture of Benvenuto Cellini which is part of the Uffizi building.


The Uffizi's collection is one of the most important and certainly most incredible. The Bargello also is packed with important works like both Davids done by Donatello, Verocchio's Donatello and Michelangelo's Bacchus. So I had a nice day of looking at art in the birthplace of the Renaissance. Florence is beautiful, I've visited this city many times but I'm still looking forward to visiting again in the years to come.

I would have posted photos from these museums but it is forbidden to take photos there, and they're very serious about this.

-R

No comments:

Post a Comment