Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Siena and more Siena !

Siena is my home and I love painting her. I've been trying to loosen up a little with the watercolors. Ive also been trying to use a little dry brush. Here are some experiments. This is the Duomo from the other side of the valley:


This is the sanctuary of Santa Caterina, who is the patron saint of Siena and Europe. I have drawn this building before but never so fast and loose.


They are tied to each other in three ways one: the theme of ecclesiastical architecture, two: they're painted quickly and somewhat experimentally (for me) and three: the church of San. Domenico is peeking in on both paintings.

-R

2 comments:

  1. Ciao Roberto!!
    Come sei stato a Roma?
    Baci.
    Júlia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solo ti dico che ho lasciato il mio cuore a Roma !

    ReplyDelete