Monday, September 3, 2012

Lyndhurst Mansion

Over the weekend I visited some amazing places in NY. The Hudson Valley is full of beautiful mansions and properties. I got to visit the home of FDR, the Vanderbilt's mansion, Boscobel, Lyndhurst and a few others. I will post some photos of these places soon.

One of my favorite places was the Lyndhurst mansion in Tarrytown, NY. It is a beautiful gothic-revival mansion started in 1838. It was designed by the famous Alexander Jackson Davis, who designed many other impressive private homes in NY.

It was somewhat daunting to paint this place, since gothic architecture is so ornate, but I attempted to paint it anyway.


I walked over to the east side of the building and set up on the foot of a hill and tried again. I like the second painting a little better,but I'll post it next time.

-R

No comments:

Post a Comment