Sunday, August 26, 2012

Boscobel Manor

Yesterday I got a chance to visit Boscobel Manor in Cold Springs, NY. Boscobel is a domestic Federal style building constructed in the very beginning of the 19th century.
It sits on a large piece of property looking over the Hudson River. On the property there is an herb garden, a rose garden and other interesting buildings. There are also sculptures throughout the property.

This is a quick sketch of the main facade:


I did a couple of sketches besides the facade, this one is the east side of the house with some of the foliage:


I also walked around the town of Cold Springs visiting the antique shops. I stopped and did a sketch or two, I'll try to post one later on today.

All in all the Bosobel trip was fun. I will definitely return for more painting and exploring.


-R

No comments:

Post a Comment