Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hell's Gate from Astoria park


I can't believe it's been so long since my last post, I feel like I'm slacking a little. I'll try to keep up with daily posts. School is getting hectic but I don't want to use that as an excuse.
I did this watercolor at Astoria park in Queens, NY and it took me about twenty minutes. I feel like I'm slowly figuring out my new watercolor set and I have been using it a lot. I've filled a small sketchbook with color charts, mixing charts and opacity tests.
I've done several drawings of the Hell's Gate, but never a fully planned out piece, next time I'm over in Astoria I'll take an hour or two to make a nice watercolor painting. This was done with Daniel Smith watercolors in an Arches 140 lb sketchbook.

ps: I apologize for the crappy picture, I usually just take photos with my iPhone because I'm too lazy to scan my drawings.

-R

No comments:

Post a Comment