Sunday, September 5, 2010

Oldie but goody


I've been drawing and doing some watercolor sketches, but nothing that I want to share right now. This is an older watercolor painting I did in one of my Moleskine sketchbooks (over a year old). This is a church in Montclair, Essex county NJ. I think this was the turning point for me as far as watercolors go. I was very apprehensive about putting watercolors over my nice ink drawing, but as I came to find out it's an awesome combo. I still use ink and watercolor, but I feel like a lot of times ink lines control me too much when I use paint. Now I'm trying to just do a soft pencil sketch and concentrate more on the colors than on the lines. Some of you might have seen this sketch, it's on my Flickr page. I have other stuff on there, but I most definitely update this blog way more often. I do have way older stuff on my Flickr page though.

-R

1 comment: