Sunday, January 9, 2011

Figure drawing from last year


I wanted to post something other than the quick sketches that I execute on my short travels. I do a lot of drawing and painting (watercolor) as well as sketching. I want to start posting some of that stuff up as well. It just isn't as easy for me to sit in my small home studio and do long drawings and paintings, there's always other work to be done (specially paperwork for my trip). I should stop making excuses, but this semester gave me little time for personal artwork (other than my sketchbook that is glued to me). My new year's resolution is to paint more (watercolor, and oil). I don't think that'll be too tough because I don't paint that much to begin with, but it's an honest resolution. Here is a figure drawing I did about a year ago. I used brown india ink on toned paper with white gouache for highlights. I used to draw from life regularly at a couple of different studios, but It's been a while and this drawing made me realize how much I miss life model drawing. Hopefully I can squeeze one or two more sessions before i leave.

-R

2 comments:

  1. U r going to draw and paint whole time while ur in the Europe. Life modelling can be easily find. BTW u still me my tiger oil painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha all commissioned oil paintings will be delivered in the next 10 years.

    ReplyDelete