Saturday, March 5, 2011

Bergamo, Italia.










My travels have brought me back to Bergamo. The part of the city that I enjoyed the most is called Citta' Alta, and it houses some of the most incredible churches I've seen so far. I think the most beautiful churches were the Capella Colleoni and also Santa Maria Maggiore.
From the top of Citta' Alta you can see the entire city and the beautiful "paesaggio Bergamasco." Its a city split in two, the antique and the modern, and I'm my opinion its a perfect balance and the city has everything to offer people who are interested in old world architecture and new world commodities.
I have family here so I know I will definitely be back and when I do return I intend on spending some more time in Citta' Alta. I have some more photos and I have a couple of drawing which I'll post tomorrow, it's late and I have an early train to catch tomorrow. Stay tuned.


-R

No comments:

Post a Comment