Monday, March 14, 2011

Sketchbooks !!!!!

I love sketchbooks. This is what I have with me here in Italy. Some of these are completely full. Some unopened, all will be completed before I return to NY.





One of my favorite things about traveling is finding art shops. In NY there are a bunch of different art supply stores and they all carry similar things. I enjoy the art supply stores here because there's always something I haven't seen. Like my latest Daler and Rowney sketchbook (which I love because it takes a nice amount of watercolor plus it has nice tooth.)





Now here we have some awesome examples of Italian art supply manufacturing. Both of these are made by the well known Italian paper company Fabriano. On the left is a block of 150lb watercolor paper made of 50% cotton. On the right is a Fabriano Venezia sketchbook, with 90lb drawing paper and a page marker ribbon. I found the block in Bergamo and the sketchbook in Milano. I have seen the Venezia book before in NY, but it was insanely expensive and wasn't in this size. I will update you guys on how it goes with these books soon. I'm almost finished with my Daler and Rowney book, and I'm definitely getting more of them. I'm sure I'll stock up on these Fabriano papers as well.

-R

No comments:

Post a Comment