Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I'm sick ! And Andrea Della Verocchio.







I'm sorry the art posts are lacking lately. In my defense I'm sick ! It sucks having a cold when you're on a trip. I'm trying to recover as fast as possible. Im the meantime please enjoy this beautiful sculpture by Andrea Della Verocchio. This sculpture was commissioned by the city of Venice, its an equestrian sculpture of Colleoni who was a war hero. When Verocchio accepted the project he moved to the city to oversee the production of this massive piece. He passed away before seeing the project completed, but it is beautiful and shows Verocchio's sculpting talents. He is mostly known for being Leonardo's teacher but he was an incredible and important figure in the renaissance as well.

-R



No comments:

Post a Comment