Monday, August 9, 2010

New sketchbook new drawings.




 I recently ordered some stuff from Dick Blick, and one of those things was a new sketchbook. I have used a lot of different brands of sketchbooks but my favorites are : Moleskine (of course) Cachet earthbound, Handbook journal co, and Fabriano classic sketchbooks. I've use many other, but I stick with these, mostly because of quality and availability.
            I ordered a Cachet classic Ecru sketchbook and I love it. The paper is about the same shade of cream as Moleskine sketchbooks, maybe a little darker. The paper is 70 lbs and has a little tooth, which is nice. I've only used a regular ink pen but I will experiment with light washes of watercolor. I've been carrying this book with me for a couple of days and the size and the wire binding make it very easy to to use for travel. I'm still looking for perfect sketchbook, but this one so far is doing very good. 


PS: The last one of the three is a self portrait, the middle is a sketch of a woman at B&N in NJ, the first is a hand study with a hard light source.

-R

No comments:

Post a Comment