Friday, August 27, 2010

Philadelphia part2 Philadelphia Museum of Art


Like I said in my previous post on Philly, I didn't sketch or draw as much as I was planning on because I was exploring and looking at art the entire time. Here is one of the quick watercolor sketches that I did get to finish up. This is the Philadelphia Museum of Art from the stairs, there was a late Renoir show (which was pretty amazing) and they had the banners in between the columns spelling out "RENOIR." Like I said before, the museum is beautiful and their permanent collection is eclectic. Hopefully I get to go visit again soon. There is a lecture on Eakins and the Gross Clinic in two weeks perhaps I'll try to go back then. This was done in an Arches watercolor sketchbook (140lb cold press) with Sennelier half pan watercolors.

-R









No comments:

Post a Comment