Thursday, May 5, 2011

Balcony on the Piazza del Campo

After my class I made my way to the Piazza del Campo to have a cup of coffee. I frequent a cafe with a nice balcony overlooking the main piazza.


As usual when I have free time, I started drawing a little. This is a cafe on the opposite side of the piazza. It's pretty expensive, and as far as the students are concerned it's for tourists.

I was satisfied with my product and then proceeded to tackle the Cappella di Piazza, which is attached to the Palazzo Pubblico.


There's an awesome profile view of the Cappella from the balcony, which I had to take advantage of.

I haven't been doing many watercolors, but I feel good about these drawings. I can execute them decently quickly and it really forces me to plan out the drawing and think about light and shadow way more.

-R

No comments:

Post a Comment