Friday, May 13, 2011

Japanese Moleskine in Italy

This is a Japanese Moleskine sketchbook I brought to Italy with me. It's been sitting in my desk drawer here for three and a half months. I needed a small easily portable sketchbook, where I can doodle when i don't feel like doing watercolors. I think I was originally somewhat intimidated by the book, which is why I haven't used it yet, but I'm glad I started to.
Choosing what to draw has been difficult. I have a lot of books filled with scenes of Siena and other Italian cities, but for this book I've concentrated on entire streets ( or portions of streets ) and façades. I want to keep the continuity so I wont add entire buildings, I want to concentrate on the beautiful windows and doors of Tuscany.



Hopefully I will finish in a couple of days. I've been pretty excited by this project so drawing has been a priority, more than usual.

-R

No comments:

Post a Comment