Monday, May 16, 2011

Torre del Mangia

I was enjoying the sun on the main piazza here in Siena (piazza del campo) with some friends and I decided to do some painting.
I started to draw the top of the beautiful tower, which is one of the 3 most important landmarks here in my opinion.
About half way through my painting we were joined by some French students here on a school trip. The kids were from 12-14 years old and didn't speak English, Spanish or Italian. Thank goodness for me I was with a friend who's French. She translated and we had a small conversation going.
The kids were very well educated and I actually enjoyed their company (usually having children around while you're painting an be rough). After I finished we chit-chatted a little longer and then my friends and I went to have some coffee.


Watercolor in Arches sketchbook.

-R

No comments:

Post a Comment