Tuesday, May 17, 2011

New work for a possible show

I frequent a bar here in Siena, and the other day one of the employees approached me about showing some of my work. I was flattered and happy to be considered. I do most of my work in my sketchbooks, but I did buy some Fabriano blocks. One which I finished but not all the paintings are of Siena ( which i suppose is the theme) So I have about six pieces I would show and I decided to do a couple more just for this event. This is one of the newer pieces.


This is a beautiful rustic alley way near my place. I've drawn it before, but It was a quick sketch. This is a longer painting, that I'm content with.

If you sketch outdoors a folding chair is a must. I'm very happy I decided to bring mine to Italy. It's a big help.

-R

No comments:

Post a Comment